5 YEAR WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To be eligible for this five year warranty the vehicle must be exclusively serviced and maintained by BM Tech and in accordance with the factory schedules and directives when the service is due. Please read full terms and conditions below.
- This warranty is provided by BM Tech Automotive Pty Ltd (“BM Tech”).
- This warranty applies to goods and services supplied by BM Tech listed on the original BM Tech invoice Number (“the Invoice”).
- The warranty period commences from the date of payment of the Invoice (“Commencement Date”) and continues for a period of 5 years (“Warranty Period”) subject to sections E and G
B. What does this warranty cover?
- This warranty covers any defects in the goods and services supplied under the Invoice which arise in the course of normal use of your vehicle and not usual wear and tear.
- During the Warranty Period and subject to the terms of this warranty, BM Tech will repair or replace (at its election), at no charge to you, goods (either in whole or part) that prove defective because of defective material or workmanship.
C. Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law
- The benefits provided to you under this warranty do not limit and may not exceed your rights available under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
D. What will BM Tech do to correct problems?
- If the goods or services are found to be either faulty or defective, BM Tech will either repair and/or replace (at our election) the goods or services under this warranty at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts and/or associated lubricants.
- BM Tech, in its discretion, may authorise a third party or another workshop, independent of BM Tech, to carry out repairs and goods replacement.
E. How long does the coverage last?
- Where a manufacturer’s warranty runs contemporaneously with this BM Tech Warranty, then this warranty will not apply until the end of the manufacturer’s warranty and will still expire 5 years after the Commencement Date.
- This 5 year, BM Tech warranty will only apply from the end of the manufacturer’s warranty until either:
whichever occurs first.
- your vehicle has completed 75,000 kms after the payment of the Invoice; or
- 5 years from the date of payment of the Invoice,
- This warranty will be transferrable to any person who is the legal owner of the vehicle, provided that at all times the owner of the vehicle complies with these terms and conditions.
F. What does this warranty not cover?
- This warranty does not cover any defect or problem that is caused by any of the following:
- Normal wear and tear of physical goods resulting from normal driving use (for example wearing of tyre treads).
- Conditions, malfunctions or damage not resulting from defects in material or workmanship.
- Malfunctions or damage resulting from improper use of vehicle such as motor racing, club racing events, driver training events and commercial use.
- Consequential damage caused by the failure or defect of another part of the vehicle.
- Any light bulbs fitted as standard to the vehicle from the manufacturer.
- This warranty does not cover:
- Future failure of other parts not replaced nor directly associated with the goods and services provided under the Invoice.
- Labour charges associated with diagnosis and/or fault finding if the problem with your vehicle is not exclusively related to the goods and services in the Invoice.
G. What do you have to do?
- For this warranty to remain valid, the vehicle must be serviced and maintained as per the factory schedules and directives when the service is due. All servicing and any works on all aspects of the vehicle must be carried out exclusively by BM Tech.
- To make a claim under this warranty, you must first contact BM Tech either by phone or email so that BM Tech can determine whether you have a valid warranty claim and to determine the most appropriate solution for you.
- You may be required to deliver your vehicle to BM Tech so that BM Tech can assess whether you have a valid warranty claim. If you do not have a valid warranty claim then you may be liable to BM Tech for assessment costs on your vehicle.
- Whether or not you have a valid warranty claim, if your vehicle is not driveable then you will bear the cost of getting your vehicle to BM Tech’s premises.
H. Warranty provider
- This warranty is provided by BM Tech Automotive Pty Ltd (ABN 19 986 948 240) of 295 Canterbury Road, Canterbury, VIC. 3126. Our phone number is 03 9836-1888 and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org